Snow Walker's Companion
The single greatest resource for winter travel in the north woods, finally back in print and in stock!
This is the book that opened our eyes to a new, more comfortable style of winter camping. It is not an overstatement to say that without the writing of Garrett and Alexandra Conover, Lure of the North would not exist. We couldn't be happier to see it back now in its 4th printing and available in Canada!
From the back of the book:
Your Guide to Traditional Winter Camping Skills
- Learn how to stay warm in extreme temperatures;
- Tips on reading lake- and river-ice conditions;
- Practical advice on setting up tents & stoves;
- Choosing the right footwear and clothing;
- How to pick the best snowshoes for you;
- Common sense psychology for the trail.